Create A Test
Step-by-Step Instructions for Creating a Simple STIQ Test
The following are step-by-step instructions to create a simple STIQ test that will open a web page.
Please view the video that includes all the same steps.
Create the Suite.
- Open STIQ.
- If you are not sure how to open STIQ, refer to the information on the Getting Started page.
- Click 'StoryTests' in the Navigation pane.
- Click (NewPage) in the Suite pane.
- Enter a name for the Suite in the Name field.
- Select 'Suite'.
- To complete creation and save the Suite, click 'Create Page'.
Create the Test.
- Click (NewPage) in the Suite pane again.
- Enter a name for the test in the Name field.
- Make sure 'Test' is selected.
- To complete creation and save the Test, click 'Create Page'.
Edit the Test.
- To access the newly created Suite, click 'StoryTests' in the Navigation pane.
- To access the Test, click the name of the newly created Suite in the Suite pane.
- To edit the Test, click (Edit) in the Tests pane.
- Enter a description for the test.
- Enter an Open action to open the web page of your choice.
- Note: The URL must be in the same domain as STIQ due to security restrictions in the browser (Cross Site Scripting).
- To save the Test, click 'Save' in the Tests pane.
Run the Test.
- You have successfully created and executed your first STIQ test.